Great to hear Q-Tip like this.
photo by Michael Ostuni
Canadian STINT picks up Q-Tip’s ‘Work It Out’ from his 2008 album ‘The Renaissance’. STINT lays down a chilled out instrumental underneath. Be fast on the download though, track is only up for a few days.
Kraak & Smaak are set up for a tour including lots of shows in the Netherlands, but also a few dates in the US and Turkey/Hungary. All in aftermath of Kraak & Smaak’s most recent album ‘Chrome Waves’. ‘How We Gonna Stop The Time’ is a track from that album, and the duo is sharing (another) free remix on that track by Russian producer Valique. Impressive once again.
Brooklyn duo Manicanparty lines up their next free track titled ‘Warpaint’. That’s another track in what has grown to be a list of very well produced pop tracks. ‘Warpaint’ is the groups newest track after releasing their Manicanparty EP in late 2013, which was pretty close to being called an album.
Lemaitre did a remix on Martin Solveig’s pop production ‘Hey Now’ last year. After a while, it is fanially up for free download. Is somewhere inbetween EDM and Indie Disco, quite nice.
- MSCLS Ft Knox – Make It Hot
- Redlight – C.A.S.S.I.E
- Figure – Infinite Lives
- Spag Heddy – The Master VIP
- TrollPhace & Alex Sin – Talk Shit
- Funeral Suits – All Those Friendly People (Coyu Remix)
- Hundreds – Please Rewind (La Boum Fatale Remix)
- Lavish 189 ft. Paul Phoenix – African Thing
- Lavish 189 ft. Simpiwe Mathole and David Nqayi – Energy
- She’s So Rad – Levels (Kutcorners Remix)
- Youan – We Back
- Oliver Koletzki – After All (Claptone remix)
- Pacific Shore – Eclipse
- Temple – Sunni Colón (starRo Remix)
- Major Lazer – Pon De Floor (Taiki Nulight “Ravers” Remix)
- X Gets The Crest – I Need You (Phazz Remix)
- DarkElixir – Creeper
- Joeski,Jesante – Song For Frankie
- Razzz – April
- Q-Tip – Work It Out (Stint Remix)
- MATT LATCH – Moon Stone
Annie Mac’s free track of the week is particularly good today. She features a track bij London artist Tourist. Story behind the track is that Tourist has a forthcoming EP on Disclosure’s Method Records titled ‘Patterns EP’. On that EP there’s ‘Can’t Keep Up‘, a beautiful collaboration with Will Heard. Annie Mac is giving away Tourist’s dub mix of that track, sharing the announcement op the original EP dropping on April 20th.
Not sure where this is coming from but Benjamin Francis Leftwich gets several remixes today. Kygo picks up ‘Shine’, from BFLs 2011 Album ‘Last Smoke Before The Snowstorm’. Here’s the original for comparison. No need to explain Kygo by now, check out previous posts on Kygo.
Cincinnati producer Simo made the leap from mainstage EDM to a form of modern day disco. In a year Simo has produced slightly more disco stuff and this latest remix just gets best of both worlds. Zedd’s ‘Find You’, the vocal stuff by Matthew Koma and Miriam Bryant to be more precise, gets an eighties inspired rework by Simo.
Also turning to disco(ish) stuff this week: Mat Zo. He is sharing a free track properly titled ‘Oldskool Trip’. Goes back that nineties, early daft punk time when the first house guys were throwing in old disco records to make filter house. Good to see these guys busting out some different moves, keeps things interresting.
- Benjamin Francis Leftwich – 1904 (Manila Killa Remix)
- All About She – Remedy
- Alfred English x Sigrah – Applewash Tropicana
- Moodie – Tell Me Now feat. Oda Storhaug
- Figure – Infinite Lives
- Summer Occasion – Dolores
- Ipunk – Sion
- Jewelz & Scott Sparks – Unless We Forget feat. Quilla (Acoustic Version)
- Sun Glitters – Alone (feat. Sleep Party People)
- Fabulous/Arabia – Perm
- Frankfurt Funk – Off to Planet Boogie
- Smack – Pop
- D I V E R S A – Grand Adventure
- Zardonic & Brainpain – Fucking Up The Program
- Jack Shaw-Paris (Sid Pattni Remix)
- Pharell x Woodkid – Happy (Tim Bryant Remix)
‘Mirage’ is a track that’s almost a year old now, premiered as a free track on Mitch Murder’s own page. The Swede gets remix by Boston based SevnthWonder today. The autotune part might be a bit strange at first, but it’s a great track. Both are incredible.
Easy to forgive when the acapella is a bit off at times. Coeur De Pirate’s ‘Ain’t No Sunshine’ is remixed by a Quebec producer, Robert Robert. Really good listen. Coeur De Pirate’s original is joined by some future beats plus some percussion for extra spice.
- Sam Smith – Stay With Me (Rainer + Grimm Remix)
- Top Cat – Request The Style (Blue Hill Remix)
- Niklas Thal – Traumwelt
- Luminaire – Dream Lowe
- Tom Misch – South East
- MBJ – Nights Out
- Tom Misch – The Journey
- Tom Misch – Risk
- BLACKBIRD BLACKBIRD – 420
- - Krts – What U Want
- Soulsearcher – Can’t Get Enough (Spag Heddy Bootleg)
- St Lucia – Elevate (Silent Gloves Remix)
- Pete Oak & Notize – Love Me Do
- Nico Pusch – Dede
- Arty – Kate (James Woods Remix)
- Home – Scanlines
- Medlar – Lekker
- Frankie Knuckles – The Whistle Song (Mell Starr Revisit)
Most impressive rework of the day. Italian producer FreakMe already has releases out on impressive labels such as Solomun’s DIYnamic and Booka Shade’s Get Physical. Yesterday he posted a rework on Coldplay’s leading single ‘Magic’ from their new album ‘Ghost Stories’. The Chris Martin parts are already really good. But the instrumental itself is mindblowing. Put this on loud, have a few listens.
Second rework of the day comes from Edmonton based Kusch. He picks up a Motown classic by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell titled ‘Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Thing’. Only the Terrell parts make the cut though. Fine vocals, bassline and synths and nice to hear the percussion/hats and stuff is well taken care of too.
- Dynamique – All Night Long
- Dynamique – Human Nature
- Colour Castle – Up To No Good
- Lindsay Lowend – Body Party Instrumental (SNES version)
- Egoism – My Houzz
- Riton Time Battle Weapons #2 – We Be Pumpin
- Christina Perri – Human (Prince Club “UFO” Remix)
- SirensCeol & Reaktion Ft. The Eden Project – Let You Know
- Iggy Azalea – Fancy (TAGRM Remix)