Today Clara La San assured us that she has more material underway. That is, to follow up on a great new track she premiered yesterday: ‘You’. Borrows samples from 2002′s ‘Half Crazy’ by Def Jam signee Musiq Soulchild. Smooth.
Lots of Phoenix remixes are coming in, which is great. Definite winner of the day is the Weekend Wolves remix, which completely unPhoenixes ‘Trying To Be Cool’. Sort of darker, distorted and has a very good flow.
Benny Kane from the Bristol label APEXAPE Records does a quick blend, using Disclosure’s ‘What’s In Your Head’ and Audiojack’s ‘These Days’. Doesn’t really top either of the original tracks, but it’s a great bootlog.
It’s also nice to write a little bit about An-Ten-Nae again. He picks up that Daughter cover on Daft Punk’s ‘Get Lucky’, adding some very An-Ten-Nae-ish instrumental layers. Makes this cover that much more interesting for the bass-fans.
Furthermore, a huge HM list. Take your time, lots of track in here that are very much worth the listen.
- Phoenix – Entertainment (Zebra Safari Remix)
- Kid Cudi vs. Haruka Nakamura – Lonely Nights (Peter Nelson Mashup)
- Woody – Paperworld
- Phil Collins – In The Air Tonight (Joman 2013 Club Mix)
- Spag Heddy – Ai Carambass
- Point.blank – Pull up
- Cause & Affect – Kamikaze
- Skream – Diam
- Skream – Mood to Funk
- Led Zeppelin – Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You (VOODOO FARM Remix)
- Astre – Plume
- Daft Punk vs. Ellie Goulding – Give Lights Back To Music (Whitenoize Blend)
- Seven Lions ft. Minnesota & Mimi Page – Fevers
- The Other Tribe – We Should Be Dancing (The Soundmen Remix)
- Matthew Mc Anuff – Be Careful – Epeak Remix
- Say Lou Lou – Julian (Lancelot Remix)
- Ciara – Body Party (Them Jeans Remix)
- The Hood Internet – Doin’ It Good (Kanye West x Daft Punk)
- Daft Punk – Doin’ It Right (axisONE Bootleg)
Too good to miss, Crystal Fighters are working towards the release of their second album, ‘Cave Rave’. A new single, ‘You & I’, was released in April this year, accompanied by a free Gigamesh remix that premiered a few weeks later. And that remix has been making waves for almost two weeks now. Still up for download on Gigamesh’s pages.
Soular Order is one producer from Manchester, UK. He picks up a late nineties pop track for remixing purposes: ‘No Scrubs’ by TLC. Short but sweet remix.
- Foxsky – The Whip (Udachi Remix)
- Bloodie – Surcouf
- Craig David – Fill Me In (Teeroc Refix)
- Ciara – Body Party (eLan Remix)
- Rodrigo Carreira – Got It
- Phoenix – Trying To Be Cool (Marc D L Remix)
Modular Recordings is sharing a soon-to-be classic by Bag Raiders. 2009′s ‘Shooting Stars’ is up for free over at Modular People’s Soundcloud. As for Bag Raiders themselves, looks like they’re taking a little break for a few weeks in the studio.
Lancelot launches a new free EP titled ‘You’ll Never Be Mine’. It holds two new tracks, ‘You’ll Never Be Mine’ (based on samples of ‘Just Be Good To Me‘ by SOS Band). The second track goes by the title ‘The Way I Feel About You’ (Based on ‘You’re The Finest‘, also by SOS Band). Pretty cool to see Lancelot pot quite some effort into mentioning the samples he used in the SC-description.
The recent Daft Punk craze (more precisely: ‘The Collaborators’ video series by Creatersproject/Intel/Vice) Definitely renewed our appreciation for Nile Rodgers’ early work. Which makes it that much nicer to find an updated version of the Rodgers produced ‘Lost In Music’ by Sister Sledge. It’s a free bootleg, set up by Belgian producer Dj Licious and his Dutch comrade Beauriche. Heralds a new release by both producers on June 17th on Can You Feel It Records.
- Lancelot – The Way i Feel About you
- The Young Art – Mend
- James Blake – I Never Learnt To Share (Suasion Remix)
- Cabe – Love u Too
As expected, it’s currently raining Daft Punk remixes on Soundcloud. One track in particular has been getting quite a few remixes today: ‘Doing It Right’, featuring Panda Bear. And one of those remixes comes from Californian producer JNΛTHYN. Adds a little punch to the original, quite good.
Xinobi has been remixing ‘Pale Green Ghosts’ by John Grant. Here’s a reference to the original. Xinobi’s version is smooth, nice bassline and much more upbeat. Grant’s vocals remain a bit haunting. Because, you know, ghosts.
Gabriel Gassi is a producer from Stockholm. He remixes the debut single of a fellow Swedish singer, Kim Cesarion. The track is titled ‘Undressed’, the original is over here. Tastes like Eighties, Italowave and that one movie where Ryan Gosling drives a car.
- George Michael – Somebody loves LouLou (LouLou Players happy Boogy Lovely edit)
- Bipolar Sunshine – Rivers (Toyboy & Robin Mix)
- Manu Chao – Mentira (Alkalino rework)
- Tommy – High Fidelity (Droid Bishop remix)